Circle of statements
Includes: Indoors, Girls in the lead, Group games
< 10 mins
< 10 mins
What does your group like?
Find out with this fun chair games - great for the start of term.
- Place enough chairs in a circle for all the girls except one. Ask one girl to stand in the middle and the others to sit down.
- Explain that you are going to read out some statements. If they agree with a statement they should swap places with someone else.
- When a girl gets up, the girl in the middle tries to grab a vacant seat.
- Make sure an adult takes note of roughly how many girls move for each statement. This should give you an idea of what activities the girls would like to do.
Here are some sample statements. You can tailor them to suit the girls in your unit.
- I love Brownies.
- I like school.
- I don’t like pink.
- Science is fun.
- I love being outdoors.
- I like cooking.
- I prefer savoury foods.
- I like running-around games.
- I like making things.
- I want to learn how to cook outside.
|Section||Number of girls per adult|
How many adults are needed?
Use this calculator to find out the ratio of girls to adults that is required for this activity