Changing for the better
We all want to change the world...
Ask girls to come up with ideas for making things better, and then express them creatively.
- In small groups, discuss different ways in which we can help make our communities or the world better.
- Each girl should pick one idea that means something to her, and then write or draw it on one of the paper ‘bricks’.
- When each group has finished, they should present their ‘bricks’ to the other groups and stick them all together to make a wall of change.
- Ask the girls to reflect on the statement: ‘If we come together and do one thing each, we can change the world.’ What do they think this means? Challenge the girls to identify one thing they need to change to get started on their ideas. How can they implement this change?
- Finally, ask the girls to make a start on putting their plan into action.
Discussing world issues can result in lively debate. Make sure everyone gets a say and manage any challenges from girls by following the guidance set out in our Guiding Conversation on behaviour.
|Section||Number of girls per adult|
How many adults are needed?
Use this calculator to find out the ratio of girls to adults that is required for this activity