Celebrate free speech
Includes: Indoors, Arts and crafts, World issues
Make 'free speech' t-shirts
Encourage girls to make a statement in a stylish way.
- As a unit, ask the girls what the future means to them. What will the world be like? What sort of person do they want to be? Explain what a slogan is and ask girls to write one that gives a message of hope for the future.
- Cover each table with newspaper and give two more sheets of newspaper to every girl.
- Ask girls to fold the sheets in half and then half again. Place these inside the T-shirt and lay it flat on the table.
- Using fabric paints or markers (follow the directions carefully) girls should copy their message of hope on to their T-shirts. Leave painted T-shirts to dry.
- Take a group photo of everyone wearing their T-shirts and send it to your local County newsletter or guiding magazine to show how your unit is thinking about the future.
There are no specific safety notes. Have fun!
|Section||Number of girls per adult|
How many adults are needed?
Use this calculator to find out the ratio of girls to adults that is required for this activity