Autumn leaf game
Includes: Outdoors, Nature and the great outdoors, Sports
Autumn fun extravaganza
This fun game celebrates the glory of autumn leaves.
- Collect as many leaves as you can. Create two courses so people can race head to head (check the area for hazards first).
- Cut leaf shapes from large sheets of card. Position these at the beginning of the courses – racers must hop across each one.
- Fill six plastic bags with leaves and set them up about one metre apart (three on each course). Racers must jump over the bags.
- Put a bucket and rake on each course, and scatter a bucketful of leaves next to each course. Each racer must rake up leaves and fill their bucket before proceeding.
- Make two medium piles of leaves, one for each course. Put a tennis ball in a random spot in each pile before the race begins. When the racers reach the piles, they must dive in and retrieve their ball.
- Finally, lay out a few more plastic bags to leap over, and end the race with a sprint towards a huge pile of leaves. Whoever jumps into the large pile first is the winner.
There are no specific safety notes. Have fun!
|Section||Number of girls per adult|
How many adults are needed?
Use this calculator to find out the ratio of girls to adults that is required for this activity