An egg-cellent game
Includes: Indoors, Outdoors, Team building and friendship, Technology and science
Make an egg transporter
Challenge the girls to work together to carry an egg safely across your meeting place.
- Split the girls into small groups and give them 30 minutes to create a vehicle out of the waste materials that could safely transport an egg across the floor of the meeting place.
- When the 30 minutes are up, each team should describe its vehicle and explain the choices they made in building it.
- They should then try out the vehicles. Points are awarded for style, speed, functionality – and whether the egg survived.
- Once each team has demonstrated its egg transporter, they must swap vehicles. They then have 30 minutes to improve another team’s design.
- The girls then demonstrate the egg transporters again and more points are awarded based on the same criteria. The team with the overall highest score wins.
- To take it further, ask the girls whether they own any remote-controlled vehicles. If so, could these be adapted to tow a trailer that the girls make for transporting the eggs? You could race these over larger distances or across uneven ground.
Check that nobody in your group has an egg allergy.
|Section||Number of girls per adult|
How many adults are needed?
Use this calculator to find out the ratio of girls to adults that is required for this activity