A world of diversity
Includes: Outdoors, Equality, World issues
Learn and walk
Get girls thinking about their locality and the importance of celebrating diversity.
- Take a walk with the girls down your local high street.
- Explain that they should look out for things that represent a diverse community, for example, restaurants selling traditional foods from other countries, shops selling vegetables imported from abroad, a synagogue/church/mosque and so on.
- Write down everything you have seen that makes your high street diverse. Do you think these things are good or bad? Why?
- Draw a picture of your high street and add the diverse things you found.
- Ask girls if it would be possible for your community to survive without such diversity. Why is it important to be tolerant of diversity?
There are no specific safety concerns for this activity. Have fun!
|Section||Number of girls per adult|
How many adults are needed?
Use this calculator to find out the ratio of girls to adults that is required for this activity