Big Gig information for Leaders
Everything you need to know to get your girls to the Big Gig
The Big Gig is taking place at FlyDSA Arena, Sheffield in 2019.
Get ready for the day
- Make sure you have all the consent forms required. If you’re taking girls aged under 18 you will need to ensure you have parental permission.
- Make sure girls have a packed lunch, or money to buy something from the food stands at the arena.
- Make a banner to show your support for your favourite acts.
- To make some memories of the day, bring a personal camera. Just remember to check that you have photography and filming permissions for the girls you're with.
- Guides who love gigs could capture Big Gig for their Guide Photography badge.
- Music loving Rangers could blog about Big Gig for their Blogging badge.
On the day
- You may be searched or wanded before you're allowed into the venue.
- No bags larger than A3 size (approximately 40cm x 35cm x 19cm) will be allowed into the venue.
Transport and parking
Work out your transport in advance, allowing plenty of time to get to the FlyDSA Arena. Directions to the venue and parking information will be coming soon.
There will be parking available at the arena that can be booked at the same time as your concert tickets. If you need to book your parking separately, you can book online on the Fly DSA Arena website. Please make sure you're booking parking for the correct show
The area around the arena will be extremely busy, so we ask that you don't arrange parent drop-off or collection at the arena.
Visit the Girlguiding shop stall
On the day there will be a Girlguiding shop selling Big Gig badges, t-shirts and more. If you want to get merchandise in advance or after the gig you can order from the Girlguiding online shop.
You may see some artist merchandise for sale on your way to the arena, but these are not official items.
Still have questions?
Email [email protected] and we'll do our best to help.
Ellen Guide Leader
Getting ready for the big day is almost as fun as the event itself. You get to decide what sort of outfit you're going to wear with your unit. As it is a non-uniform event girls are allowed to go crazy with what they wear - you might choose to go for a glamorous party theme or maybe as cowgirls. It is completely up to you and your unit, but the wackier the better!