What’s your future business?
Tell us your innovative ideas and you could win £1000 for your unit. Closes 9 December.
Have you got a bright business idea?
Together with our partner Legal & General, we want to inspire girls and young women to believe in the power of their ideas. And we want them to understand how their ideas could even lead to financial opportunities for them.
So, we’re challenging Guide, Senior Section and Ranger units to come up with an idea for their very own business that would turn £100 into £300 in six months. By sharing your idea with us, you could be in with a chance of winning £1000 for your unit.
Whether it’s a unique shop or a new app, there’s no idea too big or too small. Don’t worry, you won’t be expected to make your business a reality - all we’re looking for is an idea that’s creative, inventive and exciting. We’d also love to hear how you’d put your profits to good use. Maybe you could use the money to support a local charity, or promote recycling in your area? It’s up to you!
How do we enter?
Unit leaders can enter using the entry form at the end of this page, which asks some straightforward questions about what your business idea is and how it would turn £100 into £300. The competition is open until 31 January, so you’ve got plenty of time to talk this through with your units.
How will a winner be picked?
The entries will all be judged by the team at Legal & General. They’ll be looking for an idea that is innovative and original, with a clear purpose. Remember to make sure your ideas are realistic – try not to overestimate your profits and ensure that it would only need £100 to get off the ground.
If we win, what’s the prize?
The winning unit will scoop £1000 from Legal & General. You could put it towards programme resources, supplies for meetings, or your next trip – whatever your unit needs.
It’s a great time to be a woman in business, so get your entrepreneur thinking caps on. We can’t wait to hear your ideas.
Enter the competition
Enter the competition
Terms and conditions
Legal & General and Girlguiding competition – My Future Business
In October 2018 we launched a competition with our partner Legal & General to encourage Guide and The Senior Section units to get their entrepreneurial thinking caps on.
We’d love to see your ideas for a business that would turn £100 into £300 in six months. Share your idea and you could be in with a chance of winning £1000 for your unit!
Enter by midnight on 9 December to be in with a chance of winning.
Competition terms and conditions
Please read this section carefully. By entering this competition, we’ll assume that you’ve read and agree with the below.
- To enter this competition, you must be entering on behalf of a Guide, Ranger or The Senior Section unit. Entries from Rainbows and Brownies unfortunately can’t be accepted.
- There is no entry fee to enter this competition.
- The competition is not open to the employees (or immediate families of) Girlguiding and Legal & General or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping set up the competition.
- Entries must be submitted via the online form. Incomplete or incorrectly filled in entries will not be counted.
- No responsibility will be accepted for entries that aren’t received for whatever reason.
- The winner will be selected by a panel of Girlguiding and Legal & General staff.
- Ideas are submitted in good faith, under the understanding that they belong to the person that submitted them.
- The closing date is midnight on 9 December 2018 and after this date, no further entries will be accepted.
- If you win the competition, we’ll notify you by mid-January. If you don’t respond within two weeks, we’ll select an alternative winner.
- The prize on offer is a £1000 donation to the winning unit, not an individual member.
- Decisions by Girlguiding and Legal & General in respect to all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Girlguiding reserves the right to amend these rules at any time.
Do something unforgettable
There's always a way that you can get more involved with Girlguiding. We have events and opportunities for all ages across the UK and around the world.