Join our Volunteer Communications panel
Join our group of volunteers helping to develop our communications with members
Help shape our communications
We’re looking for two new members for our Volunteer Communications panel, a group of volunteers who help us shape our national communications. These include Discover, Grow, the Girlguiding website and guiding magazine.
We want clear, concise, planned conversations that are heard and acted on, and that are useful and motivating for everyone – Outcome of a review by the membership communications task and finish group
About our Volunteer Communications panel
Our panel meets on a quarterly basis and provides ongoing feedback on our membership communications. They contribute ideas and share views from local guiding and their own volunteering expertise.
The group is chaired by the lead volunteer for membership communications and there are seven other members.
The Volunteer Communications panel held its first meeting in January 2017. Meet current members of the panel.
What does the panel do?
- Feed into Girlguiding’s communication planning, including reviewing existing plans and suggesting items for inclusion in our communication channels
- Stay in tune with opinions at a local guiding level, to inform both the evaluation of our plans and new ideas for use throughout our channels
- Review data on our membership communications to help analyse successes or challenges, and identify and undertake follow up actions as required
- Actively contribute to the panel through quarterly face-to-face meetings and regular emails and phone calls
- Consider ways to improve communication between Girlguiding and its members
- Champion Girlguiding’s communications - both internally and externally - and be ambassadors for improvement and change across our charity
Who can apply?
To join the Volunteer Communications panel you need to be:
- An active member of Girlguiding
- Aged 14 years and over
How do I apply?
Complete an application form and return it to [email protected] by 12pm Monday 20 November.
Skype interviews will take place at the end of November.
Get in touch on [email protected] or give us a call on 020 7834 6242, extension – 2063.
Do something unforgettable
There's always a way that you can get more involved with Girlguiding. We have events and opportunities for all ages across the UK and around the world.