Specialist volunteer for youth awards
We're looking for a specialist volunteer for youth awards to make sure all girls have the opportunity to take part in our youth awards and qualifications.
We are looking for someone open, creative, questioning and positive to become our specialist volunteer for youth awards.
You’ll be someone who wants the best experience for girls and can help support our volunteers to provide the programme awards.
About the role
As part of the role, you will:
- Be a positive champion for the programme awards
- Develop a deep and detailed understanding of the background, design, rationale and delivery of the programme awards
- Support development work on future programme awards and work with staff to agree on possible changes where appropriate
- Support the programme team in collating, analysing and acting on feedback about the programme awards
- Support country and region teams to promote, roll out and embed programme awards
Who can apply?
You’ll be a Girlguiding volunteer who is open, creative, questioning and positive. You’ll want girls and volunteers to have the best experience of our awards programme. You’ll have great leadership and teamworking skills and the ability to review the success of opportunities.
Ideally, you would have completed the Queen’s Guide award and/or Duke of Edinburgh’s Award (or supported delivering them) and have some experience of going on DofE expeditions.
The role should take up around two hours a week which might include championing the programme on social media, responding to emails, reviewing content or catching up with the staff team.
You’ll also be asked to attend an annual meeting with Duke of Edinburgh country/region advisers and other award-focused meetings as appropriate (either remotely or in person).
We’ll discuss ways of working when you take up the role to make sure it works alongside any other commitments.