One Team conference
Come along to our member conference on 13-15 March and hear all about our new strategy
The One Team conference has been cancelled. If you have any questions, please contact [email protected]
We can’t wait to welcome you to our One Team conference in March – and to share with you Girlguiding’s new strategy for 2020 and beyond.
When: Friday 13 – Sunday 15 March 2020
Where: Hilton Birmingham Metropole, The NEC Birmingham, Pendigo Way, Birmingham, B40 1PP
During an action-packed conference weekend, you'll take part in inspirational presentations, workshops, co-design activities and self-learning sessions. Find out where our strategy has come from and how you can shape the way we deliver it, together, as one team in the years ahead.
The weekend itinerary
Friday 13 March
- Arrival: Registration and room keys will be available from 5pm. If you arrive before 5pm, feel free to relax in the hotel’s comfy bar and seating area, or check out one of the many restaurants and shops nearby.
- Dinner: Rolling dinner from 7.30pm in the Westminster Suite
Saturday 14 March
- Breakfast: 7am
- Conference activities: 9am – 5.45pm
- Dinner: 7.30pm in the Westminster Suite
Sunday 15 March
- Breakfast: 7am
- Conference activities: 9am – 2.45pm
Your questions answered
The dress code is largely informal, so you’re welcome to wear what you're comfortable in, including casual uniform, most of the time. However, we'll be having a three course dinner on the Saturday evening, so if you're planning to wear casual uniform during the day please bring a non-uniform outfit for the evening.
Where possible, please use public transport or car share to travel to the One Team conference. Birmingham International rail station is the closest station to the venue.
How to get to the conference...
- From Birmingham International rail station: The Hilton Birmingham Metropole runs a 24-hour courtesy minibus service between the station and the hotel every 30 minutes from Bus Stop C. As the minibus only carries up to 8 people, please use the free telephone - which is sign posted with the Hilton logo next to Subway - to book your space. The journey takes 5 minutes. Alternatively, the hotel is walking distance (700m) from the station. Please note that Uber drivers are unable to pick up from the station taxi rank or the bus pick up area.
- From Birmingham New Street rail station: Take the train to Birmingham International rail station, which is just 10-15 minutes away.
- From Birmingham Airport: Take the monorail to Birmingham International rail station.
Yes, there will be a paid bar available in the evenings. Free hot and cold drinks will be available during the daytime.
A film crew will be joining us to capture the sessions on Saturday 14 March to create a short film. It will be hosted on Girlguiding’s website and shown at Girlguiding meetings. If you don’t want to be involved in the filming or invited to speak on camera, please speak to staff at the information desk.
If you are taking photos of other people for your social media, be sure to check with them first.
Staff will be available during the morning break and lunch on Saturday in the Colonial room to answer any confidential questions that you have relating to compliance and safeguarding.
Do something unforgettable
There's always a way that you can get more involved with Girlguiding. We have events and opportunities for all ages across the UK and around the world.