Managing Information policy and procedures consultation
Have your say on our policies. Deadline 30 January, 9pm
Have your say on our Managing Information policy, Managing Information procedure, Personal Data Requests procedure, and Reporting a Data Breach procedure.
What is the policy for?
- Is a legal requirement and protects the privacy of our members, volunteers, customers and employees
- Sets out how Girlguiding aims to make sure all our information is managed appropriately
- Must be followed by all volunteers and staff who handle Girlguiding information and personal data
What is the Managing Information procedure for?
- Explains how to manage personal information safely and legally
What is the Personal Data Requests procedure for?
- Explains how volunteers must deal with a request by a person to exercise their rights about the data Girlguiding holds on, or uses about, them
What is the Reporting a Data Breach procedure for?
- Explains what a data breach is, how to recognise it, and what to do if it happens
What are we asking you about?
We’d like your views on whether the policy and procedures could be clearer, and whether you understand how the policy and procedures support you, or if there are parts that don't make sense, are confusing, or use unnecessary jargon.
We would also like to know whether you have referred to the policy and procedures in the last two years, and if there is anything you feel that is not included.
If you have referred to the policy, have you experienced any issues or unintended consequences as a result?
We would also like to know a bit about you – such as what country or region you are from, your main role in guiding, and which section you are associated with.
Why are we looking at this now?
As part of our commitment to developing a rewarding volunteer experience we review all policies to see how they work in practice and if there are improvements that we can make in order to better support you in following this policy and deliver great guiding experiences.
We value your feedback and encourage you to share your experiences with us.
How can I participate?
The consultation is open until 9pm on Sunday, 30 January and is open to all volunteers in Girlguiding. You will need to refer to the Managing Information policy and the Managing Information, Personal Data Requests, and Reporting a Data Breach procedures that go with it.
Keep your girls safe
Learn more about how to create a safe envrioment for girls - whether out and about or in your unit