Become a lead volunteer for advocacy youth panels
Support girls to speak out on the issues they care about. Closing date 25 April
About the role
As our lead volunteer, you'll be working on our UK-wide programme that supports girls to speak out and advocate on issues they care about, so that we can create positive change for young people.
You'll do this by:
- supporting on the delivery of training that helps the youth panel to develop their skills and confidence
- building a social and supportive environment through monthly meetings and one-off events
- helping to deliver and inclusive and wide-reaching recruitment campaign.
What will you gain from the role?
You'll gain experience in organising events and training sessions, as well as experience engaging young people in a meaningful way.
You'll also get to work with a passionate group of girls and young women, and contribute to a programme that creates positive change in society.
Who can apply?
This role is open to anyone over the age of 18. We're looking for someone who has
- experience in running training and facilitating workshops
- knowledge of best practise in youth participation
- awareness of Advocate and British Youth Council
- a passion for giving girls a voice and tackling issues that affect girls and women.
This commitment will vary month-to-month, but will most likely be no more than eight hours a month.
There will be a monthly two hour meeting for each youth panel to attend (four hours), plus around four hours of coordination support.
This role is for a term of two years.
Do something unforgettable
There's always a way that you can get more involved with Girlguiding. We have events and opportunities for all ages across the UK and around the world.