Join our new digital panel - #LetsGetDigital
Get involved and get digital with Girlguiding's new volunteer digital panel. Closes 19 December
We're looking for people who love all things digital
If you’re always online, love discovering new apps and have opinions on what makes a webpage great, then we want to hear from you!
The Girlguiding Digital team are putting together the first digital volunteer panel and looking for members from all levels of guiding to get involved and share their thoughts.
We want to make sure we’re giving girls what they want when it comes to inspiring content, websites that are super easy to use and innovative new digital products. And we need your help to do that.
Don’t worry, you don’t need to be an expert - anyone who uses the web, checks their email or taps on the occasional app has opinions that matter to us.
Who are we looking for?
- Girls and young women who are members of guiding (aged 14+)
- Leaders and volunteers
- Parents of Rainbows, Brownies, Guides and Senior Section (Rangers) members
- Parents of girls who are thinking about joining a unit
- Supporters and anyone interested in our social action and campaigning work
What will you be doing?
Most of the work the panel does can easily be done from the comfort of your own home, in your own time using your favourite device, computer or laptop.
The opportunities will be really varied. It could be a 5 minute check of a new social media idea or 45 minutes exploring a new website, or just giving us ideas and thoughts on our digital strategy.
We might ask you to try out something new and tell us what you think, complete a quick poll or give your thoughts in a short survey. Occasionally we might invite you to give us your feedback in person at Girlguiding HQ or we will want to chat to you on the phone.
We will send out all these opportunities to you on a monthly basis, with details of what’s involved and how long it will take, it’s totally up to you whether you take part in these activities – you can pick and choose.
Why get involved?
- Your voice will make a difference to what we do online.
- You’ll learn more about the development of digital products and online communications - great experience for anyone considering working in these areas.
- It’s really easy to sign up and you choose how much time you spend on it.
- You’ll get to see things before anyone else and have a chance to influence the final product.
- You’ll see the things you’ve helped us with go ‘live’ and spread the word about Girlguiding across the internet!