Map your adventure and win a £500 GO Outdoors voucher
Celebrate our new partnership with GO Outdoors with this great competition
Win a £500 GO Outdoors voucher by trying our new map your adventure activity
To celebrate our brilliant new partnership with GO Outdoors, our recommended outdoor retailer, we are running a competition challenging you all to map your adventure!
Whether it’s in your house, garden or further away from home, we want to hear all about your brilliant adventures. Make sure you take us on the journey and let us know what you discover along the way.
How to enter
To be in with a chance of winning a £500 GO Outdoors voucher, post a picture of your adventure map on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram using #MapYourAdventure and tagging @Girlguiding and @GOoutdoorsUK (on Facebook) or @GOoutdoors (on Twitter or Instagram).
If you’re under 13 make sure you get adult to do this for you.
You can download and use our Map Your Adventure activity sheet (one per section), but don’t worry if you don’t have a printer, you can write down and draw what would happen on your adventure on a piece of paper.
Three runners up, one from each section will each receive a £150 GO Outdoors voucher. Read the full competition terms and conditions below.
The competition has been extended, and now closes at midnight 26 August 2020. Winners will be announced 31 August 2020.
Don’t forget all Girlguiding members, including parents receive a discount off all GO Outdoors purchases in stores and online, using the relevant member benefit code.
The following terms and conditions apply:
- To enter this competition, you must be a Girlguiding volunteer or member, or entering on behalf of a Rainbow, Brownie, Guide, Ranger as an individual or unit.
- You must be a resident of the UK to enter this competition.
- If you are submitting on behalf of an individual , you must bring these terms and conditions to the attention of the individual before their entry is submitted.
- Entries are submitted in good faith, under the understanding that they belong to the person that submitted them. If you are submitting on behalf of someone else, or using their material, you need to make sure that you have their full permission to do so and that they agree fully to all the terms and conditions.
- There is no entry fee to enter this competition.
- The competition is not open to the employees (or immediate families of) Girlguiding UK and GO Outdoors UK or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping set up the competition.
- Entries must be submitted on Twitter with #MapYourAdventure tagging @Girlguiding, on Facebook using #MapYourAdventure and tagging @GirlguidingUK or on Instagram with #MapYourAdventure tagging @Girlguiding. Both posts and comments on the competition posts will be accepted as entries. If you are entering the competition via Twitter, Facebook or Instagram please know that the competition is in no way endorsed or connected with Twitter, Facebook or Instagram and Twitter, Facebook or Instagram have no responsibility.
- No responsibility will be accepted for entries that aren’t received for whatever reason.
- The winners will be selected by a panel of Girlguiding and GO Outdoors staff.
- Entries may be used in any publicity material by Girlguiding and GO Outdoors.
- The overall winner will receive a £500 GO Outdoors voucher to be used in-store or online and three runners up will receive a £150 voucher to be used in-store or online. A winner will be chosen from each Girlguiding section.
- Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- By agreeing to these terms and conditions, GO Outdoors and Girlguiding also reserve the right to have a royalty-free, non-exclusive licence to edit, publish, translate, modify, adapt, make available and distribute the entry throughout the world in any media now known or later invented. Entries may be used in any publicity material by Girlguiding and GO Outdoors.
- If you win the competition, we’ll notify you on 27 August 2020. If you don’t respond by midnight on 28 August 2020 and share your Girlguiding membership number and postal address, we’ll select an alternative winner
- Decisions by Girlguiding and GO Outdoors in respect to all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Girlguiding reserves the right to amend these rules at any time.
Do something unforgettable
There's always a way that you can get more involved with Girlguiding. We have events and opportunities for all ages across the UK and around the world.