Could you be the next Chair of our Board of Trustees?
We’re looking for someone with the skills, energy and passion to help shape the future of Girlguiding. Closes 25 February 2018
Lead Girlguiding to be our best
We’ve appointed our new Chief Guide; we will soon be recruiting a new Deputy Chief Guide. But right now we need to appoint a Chair of the Board of Trustees.
We’re looking for someone who is passionate about Girlguiding and committed to providing outstanding governance leadership.
Members will recall that our Council, whose members have responsibility under our Royal Charter in relation to the Chief Guide appointment, voted to make the Chief Guide role into two separate roles:
- A Chief Guide to focus on our members
- A Chair of the Board of Trustees to focus on governance leadership
Both the Chief Guide and Chair will be members of the Board and together with the other trustees will set and develop the strategic direction of Girlguiding.
Who we’re looking for
We’re looking for someone to chair and support our Trustee Board, support the CEO, act as an ambassador for Girlguiding and work to make Girlguiding the best it can be.
What does the Chair of the Board of Trustees do?
This is a three year appointment with eligibility for reappointment for one further three year term.
Key responsibilities include:
- Chairing and providing leadership to the Board of Trustees
- With the Board providing clear strategic direction for Girlguiding
- Managing and supporting the CEO to ensure strategy is delivered effectively
- Focusing on our governance and compliance to ensure we are operating safely
- Representing Girlguiding at external and internal events, working with the Chief Guide and CEO to ensure a partnership approach
You can find more details of the role requirements in the application pack.
Who can apply?
This role is for someone who is passionate about Girlguiding and has a track record of providing great governance leadership and experience of chairing effective meetings.
Applicants need to be a member of Girlguiding aged 18 or over and have experience in a leadership role.
How to apply
- Complete an application form and email it to [email protected]
- Complete a diversity monitoring form and email it to [email protected]
The closing date is Midnight Sunday 25 February 2018.
There will be one interview. A panel drawn from our Trustee Board and Council together with the Chief Guide will help to ensure we find the right person for the job.