Be part of the European Jamboree 2020 team
We’re on the look out for members to join the International Service Team. Closes 30 June 2019.
Get ready for the adventure of a lifetime
We’re on the look out for volunteers to join the International Service Team at European Jamboree 2020. This is your chance to be a guiding hero and make the jamboree a special experience for everyone involved. We’re looking for the best representatives of Girlguiding to fly the flag for us and help keep the jamboree running. Without you, there isn’t a jamboree.
About European Jamboree 2020
The European Jamboree brings young people together from all over Europe and the world in Gdańsk, Poland. It takes place from 26 July to 7 August 2020.
About the opportunity
The International Service Team are the ones who help to make the jamboree happen!
As a member of the team you must be ready to take on any task that's needed to create the jamboree. You'll be part of the team running activities and there are also places to support the Girlguiding UK international tents. Here's just some examples of what you could be doing:
- Transport including driving minibuses and loading coaches
- Site services including security and lighting
- Delivering specialist activities and general programme support
- Guest services including shop assistants, reception and translation
- Catering including food preparation and meal service
You can also take part in an inspiring programme of activities just for members of the International Service Team - all in your very own adult volunteer space:
- Physical - yoga, zumba, fitness and games, as well as eat healthy and be active workshops
- Intellectual - learn new skills and develop your talents and creativity
- Emotional - chat with other adult volunteers or simply relax in cafes and chill-out zones
- Social - concerts, parties and cultural activities
- Spiritual - explore different faiths, beliefs and attitudes that are meaningful to young people
When does it take place?
You'll need to be on site at European Jamboree in Poland from 25 July to 8 August 2020. Some roles might need some pre-planning time too.
There are also a small number of places for the IST adventure that takes place before the jamboree, which you can sign up to take part in.
Who can apply?
Anyone who's 18 or over at the time of the event (born on or before 27 July 2002) - and who has some camping experience! We're looking for enthusiastic, open minded and energetic people who like working with people.
The event cost for an International Service Team member is £600. This covers food, accomodation, activities, team kit, insurance and the briefing weekend. It doesn't include flights or travel to Gdansk.
The payment plan is:
- Deposit £60 - on confirmation of place
- First payment instalment £240 - November 2019
- Final payment instalment £300 - February 2020
How to apply
Apply via our online application form by 30 June 2019. Make sure you read the terms and conditions before applying.
Do something unforgettable
There's always a way that you can get more involved with Girlguiding. We have events and opportunities for all ages across the UK and around the world.