Adventures at home: Spring social
Check out the line-up for our amazing spring event on Monday 5 April
We’re excited to announce our line-up for the Adventures at home: Spring social on Monday 5 April.
Girl Talk magazine are the proud headline sponsor of Adventures at home: Spring social and together we’re creating a craft activity and dance specially for the event.
There will be skills builder sessions with Sing along, sign along for Rainbows, Made to measure with our partner Rolls-Royce for Rainbows and Brownies, Invent a gadget with our partner GO Outdoors for Brownies and Guides, and People power for Guides and Rangers. And we’ve teamed up with our partner the British Army for a confidence building, positive affirmations poster activity for Guides and Rangers.
Also on the line-up:
- Award winning author Susan B Katz reading from her book The Story of Jane Goodall and answering your questions
- Wildlife photographer Mairi Eyres will be sharing her tips and advice on how to take photos
- Adventurer Tori James, the first Welsh woman to climb Everest, will be sharing stories from her expeditions
- Relaxing yoga with Pauline Reay
The event will finish with a virtual campfire and sing-along led by leaders.
We know it’s been hard not being able to meet in person or go on your usual camps and trips, but we hope you can join us from home on Monday 5 April from 4-5pm.
You can register your interest in the event in advance. All children, young people, and their families are welcome to join us on the day on our YouTube channel.
To make sure you're ready for all the activities, we've put together a list of what you'll need.
Made to measure
- Pen and paper
- A sponge
- A paper straw
- A cocktail stick
- Sticky tape
- Measuring tape
- Tea towel
- You’ll also need access to a tub of water or a shiny table
Make your own dough
- A cup of Greek yoghurt
- A cup of self-raising flour
- Mixing bowl and spoon
- Baking tray
- Oven, oven gloves and an adult to help you
- Pizza toppings (we’re using tomato sauce, cheese, peppers and mushrooms)
- Rolling pin
Before using any ingredients, remember to check for allergies and wash your hands.
Invent a gadget
- A biscuit
Positive affirmations poster
- Pens and paper or a phone
- Before the sessions, clear some space around you
Remember to take care when stretching
- Pens, paper and sticky tack
- Or access to a phone, tablet or computer
Ice cream paint pots
- Plant pot
- Paint and paint brushes
- If you don’t have these things you can use a paper cup and some colouring pens or pencils
And finally, don’t forget your camp blankets and singing voices for the campfire!