The Senior Section uniform
What members of The Senior Section should wear for casual guiding activities and formal events
What The Senior Section wear
Young women in The Senior Section wear different uniform depending on what they are doing or where they're going. Members of The Senior Section often agree with their unit what uniform to wear for unit meetings.
All young women should have a uniform top that they wear with with appropriate bottoms for the occasion.
The uniform consists of:
For formal occasions, girls can wear a uniform blouse with a smart black/navy skirt or trousers - for example what they wear to school. They can also wear a navy suit of their own choice.
There are two scarves that members of The Senior Section can choose to wear for formal occasions – square tiled, and long tiled. These can be worn with a scarf ring or in a knot.
Other uniform options
- The Senior Section Spectacular Hoodie will be official uniform until 31 December 2016.
- Peer Educators can wear the 4 t-shirt if they are delivering Peer Education sessions or representing 4 at other occasions when uniform is worn.
- The Rugby Shirt is no longer official uniform but members of The Senior Section can wear it as casual wear.
Neckerchiefs are optional for members of The Senior Section, although they should not wear neckerchiefs with full formal uniform.
If your unit chooses to wear neckerchiefs then girls can choose from the range sold by Trading Services.
At international events, members of The Senior Section should wear the formal blouse with the UK international neckerchief along with, or instead of, a national neckerchief for either Girlguiding Cymru, Scotland or Ulster
Badges and uniform
Members of The Senior Section should follow these guidelines for displaying their badges:
- Promise badges - wear on a badge tab or on the left-hand side – closest to the heart. A metal pin Promise badge should be given on making the Promise not a woven trefoil badge.
- Challenge badges - girls can choose to sew these onto their uniform top.
- Union Flag Badge (order code 4079) - this badge should be worn at international events on the left shoulder of the uniform top.
Only woven badges for participation or achievement should be sewn onto Guide uniform items.
How to wear the badge tab
A badge tab - with three vertical stripes in the section colours - is available for members of The Senior Section to display their metal badges.
Girls should make sure that their badge tab looks presentable and not pin too many badges on. The tab can generally fit around five badges depending on their size.
Only official Girlguiding badges should be worn on the badge tab including badges for qualifications and awards, County or Country badges and current celebratory or commemorative badges. These badges should be removed from the badge tab after the period that they are celebrating or commemorating has ended.
Girls may choose to move badges onto a blanket or bucket hat when there is no more space on their badge tab.
Grab your guiding wear
All of our uniform items are available to buy online, direct from Girlguiding.