Keeping information safe training
Get to grips with the UK Data Protection Act 2018
All our volunteers have a part to play in data protection.
Our Keeping information safe e-learning will help you understand how to safely work with personal information.
The training covers what you need to know about data protection in the UK, and looks at how the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) affects your role in guiding.
You will learn
- What data protection is and why it is important to understand it
- What is meant by personal data and special category data
- The rights of individuals under GDPR
- Your responsibilities for data protection
- The seven principles of data protection
- How to collect data safely
- How to download, share and use data safely
- How long data should be kept for and how to dispose of it
- What is a data breach and what to do if it happens
- Where to go for more information
Begin the e-learning
The Keeping information safe e-learning should take you around 30 mins to complete.
All volunteers are encouraged to complete the Keeping information safe e-learning to better understand their role in protecting data within Girlguiding.
After you've done the training
Within two weeks your GO record will be updated to show you've completed the training. We recommend you redo the e-learning every 2-3 years, so you can keep up-to-date with best practice.
If you have a data protection question or concern contact [email protected]
If you have questions about the training email [email protected]