Create a logo
Need a logo for your unit or a local event? Our Online Print Centre allows you to create an on-brand logo in minutes
How to create a logo
- Login to the Online Print Centre.
- On the left-hand side of the screen, click 'Logo Generator'.
- Find the correct logo. You can either create a general Girlguiding logo in blue and raspberry or a logo for a specific section. Logos can be created for your local guiding area, for a unit or for events and venues.
- Choose whether to generate your logo as a jpeg, pdf or eps file. These files have different applications.
- A jpeg file is a compressed, lower quality image file. These types of images are good for using on the internet, but not on printed items such as banners or flyers.
- A pdf - or portable document file - is a higher resolution file useful for printing on larger items, such as banners or billboards. Please note you'll need to use this file format if you're adding logos to any materials in the Online Print Centre.
- An eps file is a vector file - meaning that it contains images and fonts which can be scaled easily to any size without them becoming fuzzy or distorted. If you're working with a designer or printers, this is a useful format to have as it can be used across many types of software and is fully editable.
- If in doubt, download all options available and keep them safe in case you need them.
- Click the option that includes both the right logo and file type. This will bring you to the design screen. Here, you can change the text within the logo 'flash' - Once you've added your localisation, click 'Update' to see these changes applied on the right-hand side of the screen.
- If you're adding your local guiding area to the logo, you should always use your full unit or local guiding area name as it appears on GO. Additional name information (meeting place name etc) shouldn't be used. For example use 3rd Morden Guides, not 3rd Morden (St John Fisher) Guides.
- For counties, divisions and districts, please include ‘County’, ‘Division’ or ‘District’ at the end of your area name as appropriate. For more information about how to localise our logos see our Girlguiding Identity Guidelines.
- Once you're happy with your logo, click 'Next' and select your preferred format.
- You'll then be able to download a bundle of four logos - each with the point of the logo facing a different way. When creating resources, make sure you use the correct version - the point of the logo should always point into the centre of an item or document.