Providing opportunities for travel
Ideas for including residential opportunities in the activities you offer to girls
Going away with your girls leads to some of the most special guiding moments around
You should try to provide girls access to at least one residential opportunity a year. Make that possible by thinking about all the chances you have to go away together when you're planning your programme.
Get together with another unit
- Hold a joint Brownie, Guide or Ranger residential with another unit.
Put girls in the lead
- Encourage Guides and Rangers to gain their Camp Permit and go away without leaders.
- Tell young members about events at our Activity Centres.
National and international opportunities
- Take part in district, division or county camps.
- Attend an activity weekend at your local activity centre.
- Try international activities, such as country/region international trips or visiting a World Centre.
Think close to home
- Try an overnight stay locally, for example you could hold a Rainbow pyjama party and sleepover. Don't forget that Rainbows attending residential events must be accompanied by a leader from their own unit.
Take your girls away
Get your Going Away With Scheme licence so you can take girls on exciting adventures.