Moving on and growing
Help your girls to move up a section through your programme and activities
Support girls as they move up sections and they are more likely to stay with us
Help girls with transitioning to a new section
- Visit a Brownie unit with Rainbows ready to move up.
- Get girls to explore which interest badges and skill builders they would like to try in the next setion.
- Hold a taster meeting or joint activity day with another section.
- Invite members of Rangers to a Baden-Powell Adventure.
- Ask Guides to plan and run a meeting for a younger section.
- Take a group from your unit to an older section’s meeting or to their residential event for a day.
Show girls how they can stay involved
- Promote unit helper and young leader opportunities to encourage girls and young women into leadership roles.
Encourage growth of Girlguiding
Recruiting and retaining girls
Try out these ideas for recruiting and retaining more girls in guiding.