A balanced and varied programme should always include fun experiences for girls
Having fun while staying safe is at the heart of good guiding
Finding fun things for girls to do is an essential consideration for planning your programme.
Keep things fresh
- Plan ahead to make sure you offer a wide range of activities at meetings, from messy experiments to mini Olympics, outdoor cooking and performances.
- Keep things enjoyable by asking girls to tell you what they enjoy in their meetings and what else they would like to do.
Make it fun for you
- Make meetings fun for Leaders too! If you are enjoying yourself then girls in your unit are likely to have a good time as well.
- Always have enough Leaders and other adults in and outside the meeting place to be able to follow adult-to-child ratio guidelines when delivering the programme.
- Check the meeting place regularly for safety hazards and undertake a fire drill.
- Make sure you are aware of Girlguiding safeguarding policies and stay up to date on topics such as online safety.
Fun things to do
Search our activity finder to find great things to do with your unit.
More help with planning
Use the Activity Finder
To choose an exciting activity to do with your unit