Resources for delivering programme training
Everything you need as a trainer to help other volunteers learn about the Girlguiding programme
Help volunteers understand our programme so they can give girls the best guiding experience
Our programme is at the heart of all we do, so it's vital our leaders understand the core principles behind it. Through training our volunteers, you can help to ensure all girls get the same high-quality guiding.
Delivering training on the new programme
We’ve created a suite of resources to help you organise and deliver new programme training. The resources are designed to be pick-up-and-edit so you can adapt them to volunteer needs and the time available. That way you can spend more time supporting leaders and less time on planning.
We want to make sure that all volunteers can access training on the new programme no matter where they live, their access needs and the free time they have available. So volunteers can also complete training via webinar or e-learning.
Use the following resources to help you deliver face-to-face training on each of the new programme modules. Make sure you check out the guidance notes on organising and delivering new programme training before using these resources. And take a look at our FAQs for trainers too.
Supporting programme change
To help you support programme change, we have developed the following resources:
- Change management presentation - Deliver change management sessions to help commissioners and advisors support leaders and volunteers as they get ready for the new programme.
- Change management session plan - Use this editable session plan with the presentation to deliver change management sessions to commissioners and advisors.
- Change management snakes and ladders resource - An activity you can use in your change management sessions.
- Getting ready for new programme - This new Guiding Conversation has been specially developed to talk about the changes to our programme.
We have a host of online resources to help you further develop your knowledge of our programme, and gather ideas and inspiration for your training.
- The Girlguiding programme - Download and share our Guidance Notes for Leaders documents for a comprehensive overview of how to run our programme.
- Planning your programme - From involving girls in decision-making, to integrating the Promise and Law into activities, this includes lots of practical tips you can share with participants.
- The Five Essentials - This will help you explain how our programme links to these key elements of guiding.
- Guidance for activities - Ensure participants understand the importance of risk assessment, working with qualified instructors, and what to do if there's an accident.
- Activity finder - Find exciting activities to share in your sessions, and give participants great ideas for how to implement The Five Essentials.
- Out and About Trainers' Toolkit - Ensure leaders are equipped to take girls on exciting adventures outside of the meeting place. Our toolkit includes aims, objectives, a sample session plan and suggested activities.
- Young Leader Qualification Trainers' Notes - Answers key questions about our Young Leader Qualification, and gives guidance on how to train those supporting young leaders.