Doing Our Best trainer resources
Resources to support you when training unit volunteers and commissioners on the Doing Our Best standards
We know you already have the skills to deliver great quality training on the Doing Our Best standards.
These resources will simply make your job easier and quicker. They bring all the information you need to plan your training into one place and suggest pick-up-and-go activities that you can deliver at any training.
Who are these resources for?
These resources are designed to support you to deliver training to unit volunteers and to local commissioners.
Unit leaders and volunteers
- Use the training resources to increase awareness of the Doing Our Best standards and to help unit volunteers to develop the skills to use them as a framework to review, celebrate and improve what their unit does.
- Use the training resources to support local commissioners to use the Doing our Best standards as a framework for conversations at meetings and when visiting units, to celebrate what units do well and support them to identify and make improvements where needed.
When to use these trainer resources
You can use these resources whenever you need to. You might be delivering one-off training on the Doing Our Best standards, or just want one short activity on the standards to include in programme training, first response training or any other training you are delivering. Please include training on the Doing Our Best standards whenever it’s appropriate. Help us to get the message out.
The Doing Our Best trainer resource PDF includes:
- Trainer information
- Seven activity training plans for use with unit volunteers and accompanying worksheets (also available as editable word files when you download all resources)
- Six activity training plans for use with commissioners and accompanying worksheets (also available as editable word files when you download all resources)
- Take-home sheet to support training participants to take their learning home and apply it
- Doing Our Best standards FAQs
There is also a Doing Our Best standards PowerPoint to support the activity training plans and the Doing Our Best picture icons to support you when developing your own Doing Our Best standards training.