Renewing your Trainer Qualification
You will be required to renew your Trainer Qualification every three years, to make sure you are providing the best learning opportunities for our volunteers
You need to renew your qualification every three years to ensure that:
- your training practice continues to meet the high standards of Girlguiding
- you remain up to date with the initiatives associated with your Girlguiding role(s)
- you can best promote our projects and initiatives through your training
- you continue to demonstrate the Guiding Method through your role(s)
- your development needs are identified and met.
How do I renew my Trainer Qualification?
The Trainer Qualification renewal process involves:
- an observation, where someone will come and observe you delivering training
- a role visit, where you will be visited while carrying out your non-Trainer role in local guiding
- updating your personal development plan to reflect your progress.
When it's time to renew your Trainer Qualification, your local Trainer Coordinator will contact you and guide you through the process step-by-step.
What happens if concerns are raised about my renewal?
If any issues are raised during your role visit or observation, your observer will talk you through their concerns and find out how they can best support you. For more information on our concerns process, see our Concerns page.
If you're observing Trainers during their renewal process, here are the documents and guidelines you'll need:
- Observation of Training form - to note your observations.
- Trainer Personal Development Plan - to update with information on the Trainer's competencies, any challenges they are facing and how to address their needs.
- Training Concerns Process - for use in cases where observation raises concerns about the Trainers' ability or behaviour.
- What to look for when reviewing a Training Plan - guidance on reviewing a Trainer's Training Plan.
- Role visit form for modules 2 and 4
- Role visit form for module 3
- Supporting notes for a role visit - guidance on conducting a successful role visit.