Module 6: Leading a Team of Trainers
Ready for the next step? Become a Lead Trainer and manage a team of Trainers
About this module
This module will equip you to take on the role of Lead Trainer, and lead a team of two or more Trainers at an event. A Lead Trainer is someone who has the skills, knowledge and experience to effectively lead and support a Training Team at residentials, day events and County days.
To take this module, you will need:
- a Trainer Qualification (TQ) with Module 5
- experience of successfully coordinating a team of adults to deliver a Girlguiding event in the last three years*, and be able to demonstrate knowledge of how to do this
- a reference from the relevant Commissioner for this event, which will be requested by your Country/Region Trainer or Trainer Qualification Coordinator
- to have discussed your intention with, and be supported by, your Country or Region Trainer or Trainer Qualification Coordinator.
*This does not need to be a training event - it could be an event for girls coordinated by an adult team. It cannot be a unit event or an event that was assessed for another Trainer Qualification module.
What you'll need to do
To complete Module 6, you'll need to:
- discuss your experience of coordinating an event with your Tutor, record your learning and any transferable skills gained
- be on a Training Team as an active Trainer for a training event which is led by a Module 6 holder
- demonstrate your knowledge of team and project management, including delegation, communication, chairing meetings, dealing with challenges, inclusion and flexibility, and presentation skills
- lead a Training Team at a training event, delivering at least one training session.
Download this module
Our download gives a full list of requirements for this module, as well as tools to help your Tutor support you.