Module 5: Residential
For qualified trainers, this module covers the planning and execution of training at residential training events
Develop the skills to coordinate learning at residential training events
About this module
This module is all about training at residential events. You will gain experience by observing residential training, and planning and delivering it as part of a training team.
To be awarded module 5, you must be a qualified Girlguiding trainer. You can complete this module straight after finishing your Trainer qualification or at a later date.
If you earned your Trainer qualification more than three years ago, you'll need to renew it before starting this training.
What you'll need to do
To complete module 5, you'll need to:
- attend a Girlguiding residential event as an observer and report on the training that took place
- deliver several training sessions at non-residential training events
- demonstrate your knowledge of residential training, including tailoring training to participants' needs, offering support outside of sessions and dealing with challenging behaviour
- assist with the planning and delivery of a residential training event, as part of a training team
- after the residential event, carry out a self-evaluation covering the entire event.
Download this module
Our download gives a full list of requirements for this module, as well as tools to help your Tutor support you.