Our Trainer qualification will help you to harness your own experiences and knowledge in training others
Learn how to pass on your skills and knowledge with our Trainer qualification
This flexible qualification is practically assessed, meaning you will plan and run training sessions as part of the assessment. You will be assigned a tutor, who will be available to advise you along the way and review your progress.
To gain the Trainer qualification, you'll have to complete a minimum of two modules from the course. Module 1 - Training for Girlguiding is compulsory, and then you can chose an additional module from the list below.
- Module 2: Leading and managing people - support volunteers in managerial roles to work with their teams effectively.
- Module 3: Programme - ensure consistency and excellence in the delivery of our programme.
- Module 4: Subject matter expert - pass on your specialist skill - from first aid to performing arts.
Once you have completed your Trainer qualification, you will receive a badge and a certificate, and your GO record will be updated to show your trainer role.
How do I get started?
You will need to become a prospective trainer first, so follow our instructions on Becoming a trainer. You will then be assigned a tutor who will take you through the qualification step by step.
Training for qualified trainers
Once you're a trainer, there is no limit to the number of specialisms you can hold.
You may want to complete modules 2 or 3 if you haven't already, or select another specialism from module 4. Many of our trainers are equipped to train on more than one subject.
There are two additional modules designed for qualified trainers, which focus on managing training events and teams within Girlguiding. You will need to complete module 5 before you can take module 6.
- Module 5: Residential - focuses on running training at a residential event
- Module 6: Leading a team of trainers - will equip you to take on the role of Lead Trainer.
Speak to your local trainer coordinator for more information about taking on additional modules.
Learn more about our Trainer qualification
Do you have questions about how our Trainer qualification works? Download our full guidance.