It’s competition time - can you design a winning badge?
Say thank you to the key workers supporting us through Covid-19 with a brand-new badge design
It’s been a bit of a strange year so far, hasn’t it? We’ve been asked to stay inside and away from lots of people to save lives and protect our healthcare services.
There are lots of people that are making sure we still have all the services we need to keep safe during this time.
Girlguiding want to say a huge thank you to all key workers and volunteers during Covid-19, and what better way to show our thanks than an amazing new badge. Not only that – but one designed by you!
Our competition to design a badge is now closed.
Here's our winning design:
Well done Pippa! Her design will be turned into a badge and available to buy from our online shop.
And don't forget - we’re going to donate 50% of the profits made from this badge to the NHS Charities Together Covid-19 Urgent Appeal, which is supporting the amazing healthcare workers and volunteers during this time.
More amazing designs
We had so many creative entries to the competition. Check out this slideshow to see more brilliant designs from our young members.
Check out the important competition terms and conditions.
- To enter this competition, you must be a Rainbow, Brownie, Guide, Ranger or young leader who must have their parent or guardian’s consent if you are under 16 years of age, or you must be a parent or guardian of a Rainbow, Brownie, Guide, Ranger or young leader entering on their behalf.
- There is no entry fee to enter this competition.
- The competition is not open to the employees (or immediate families of employees) of Girlguiding UK or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping set up the competition.
- Entries must be submitted by email to [email protected]
- By submitting a competition entry, you and your parent or guardian are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The winners will be selected by a panel of Girlguiding volunteers and staff and the decision of the panel (acting reasonably) will be final.
- Badge designs are submitted in good faith, under the understanding that they are original works and belong to the named entrant.
- All competition entries and any accompanying material submitted will become the property of Girlguiding on receipt and will not be returned.
- By submitting a badge design, you and/or your parent or guardian agrees that the badge may be used in any publicity material by Girlguiding, including on the Girlguiding website, social media channels and in any other materials.
- By submitting a badge design, the entrant and their parent/guardian consent to Girlguiding displaying the badge, the entrant’s name, section, location and age on their website and social media channels.
- The closing date is 17 May 2020 at 8pm and after this date no further entries will be considered or judged.
- If you win the competition, we’ll notify you on the email address used to submit the design within 14 days of the competition closing on 17 May 2020.
- The winner’s idea for a design for the badge will be used by Girlguiding to create a badge which will be sold to raise funds in accordance with paragraph 2.
- There will only be one winner of the competition.
- The prize carries no cash value, is non-transferrable and cannot be substituted.
- Decisions by Girlguiding in respect to all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Girlguiding reserves the right to amend these rules, terminate the competition or take any other decision relating to the competition at any time.
- If any term is found to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and conditions, and the remaining terms shall survive and remain in full force and effect.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales, whose courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim, dispute or matter arising under or in connection with these terms and conditions.