Funding opportunities during coronavirus
If your local guiding needs support because of the Covid-19 pandemic, take a look at these funding opportunities
There is funding available if your local guiding needs support during the pandemic
There are many funding pots that have opened to help charities respond to the impact of Covid-19. Some of these funds could help support local guiding.
Follow the links below to learn more, including funding criteria:
- The National Lottery Community Fund – Awards for All
- UK Community Foundation
- Sport England
- CAF Coronavirus Emergency Fund
- Tesco Bags of Help Covid-19 Communities Fund
These sites contain lists of funds that you might also be eligible for:
Money donated to charities – including Girlguiding subscriptions – is eligible for tax relief. That means you can increase your unit funds by claiming Gift Aid at no extra cost to parents or supporters.
You’ll need to register for Gift Aid before you can start claiming, but you can start collecting Gift Aid declarations at any time.
Gift Aid claims can also be backdated by four years - so you could raise more for your unit by asking parents of existing members to backdate a declaration to their daughter’s start date, or by four years.
Check out our Gift Aid advice and guidance to get started.
Covid-19 Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Grant Fund
The UK Government has provided a Retail, Hospitality and Leisure grant which your local guiding unit may qualify for if your unit is registered for business rates.
You can still apply for the grant if your unit has received charitable rate relief or discretionary relief.
A local guiding unit/district may be eligible if:
- the unit has a property with a rateable value of £15,000 or under - you may be eligible for a grant of £10,000.
- the unit has a property that has a rateable value of over £15,000 but less than £51,000 - you may be eligible for a grant of £25,000.
And the unit :
- is based in England;
- is in the retail, hospitality or leisure sector; and
- has a property that is wholly or mainly used as hospitality, retail, or leisure venue.
Please contact your local Council or Authority if you think you are eligible for a grant but have not yet received it.