Moving on and growing
Help your girls to move up a section through your programme and activities
Support girls as they move up sections and they are more likely to stay with us
Help girls with transitioning to a new section
- Visit a Brownie unit with Rainbows ready to move up.
- Get girls to explore which interest badges and skill builders they would like to try in the next setion.
- Hold a taster meeting or joint activity day with another section.
- Ask Guides to plan and run a meeting for a younger section.
- Take a group from your unit to an older section’s meeting or to their residential event for a day.
Show girls how they can stay involved
- Promote unit helper and young leader opportunities to encourage girls and young women into leadership roles.
Encourage growth of Girlguiding
- Encourage potential volunteers to register their interest.
Recruiting and retaining girls
Try out these ideas for recruiting and retaining more girls in guiding.