Future Girl Acts resources
These links, videos and downloads will help you do even more to support our action on plastic waste
Feeling inspired by Future Girl Acts? Use these resources to learn more, start conversations and take things further with you units.
Resources for the unit meeting activity
Our Pinterest board is packed with ideas and inspiration for your own plastic bottle sculpture
Here’s a template letter to send to your local MP/MSP/AM. There are a few sections where you can add in details about your unit and adapt the text. When you get a response from your elected representative, please share it with us. We’d love to know what they have to say. If they're interested in a visit we have a guide we can share with you.
Pros and cons of deposit return schemes - Check out this guidance from Recycle Now to help you have conversations about deposit return schemes (DRS) with the girls in your unit.
Don’t stop now – you’re on a roll
Check out these Influence skills builders to keep encouraging people to create positive changes on plastic pollution and beyond. There are five fun activities in each pack.
- Stage 1: Care and share – Explore what’s important to you
- Stage 2: Spread the word – Share your message with others
- Stage 3: Make my voice louder – Learn how a group can work together to make change
- Stage 4: Better letter forward – Look at how voting and elections can make a difference
- Stage 5: People power – Practice different ways of fundraising for causes you care about
- Stage 6: I make my own choices – Discover what it means to be an ethical consumer
Looking for activities about plastic pollution? We also have unit meeting activities for all ages to learn more.
- Rainbows: Waste of time activity in Rainbow pack 3
- Brownies: Un-fantastic plastic activity in Brownie pack 4
- Guides: Litter lotto activity in Guide pack 1
- Rangers: Plastic persona’s activity in Ranger pack 5
More useful resources
For Rainbows (5-7)
Watch this video to learn how to beat plastic pollution with characters from Bottle Island.
Learn from Surfers Against Sewage about how to organize your own Beach Clean (for Rainbows leaders).
For Brownies (7-10)
Check out this comic book about the Poseidon Patrol, a group of sea creatures who join forces to fight plastic waste in the sea.
Get inspired by Brownies Caitlin and Ella, who started a petition asking fast food companies to stop giving out plastic toys with their meals.
For Guides (10-14)
Pick up the facts about plastic pollution from Surfers Against Sewage.
Read about this group of young people who took 1600 letters about plastic pollution to the Prime Minister’s Office for David Attenborough’s birthday.
For Rangers (14-18)
Get informed on how to reduce your own plastic pollution by Earthwatch.
Explore Kids Against Plastic, the organization sisters Amy and Ella started after learning about the impact plastic pollution was having on our oceans.
Gain international inspiration from Hannah Testa, a teen from the USA who led the creation of Plastic Pollution Awareness Day in her state.
More about deposit return systems
Want to learn more about deposit return systems in the UK? This potential solution to plastic pollution has been supported by Girlguiding members.