Help girls go for GOLD
Will you support international guiding adventures?
'GOLD gave me courage I didn't know I needed'
Opportunities like GOLD (Guiding Overseas Linked with Development) empower UK-based Girlguiding members to work in partnership with other guide associations around the world.
Will you help girls and young women, at home and abroad, benefit from this unique guiding experience by donating today?
Your support can help our young women run unique projects that deliver sustainable change to local guiding groups and their communities. This could be a campaign to end violence against women and girls in Malawi or coaching for young guiding leaders in Latvia.
The positive impacts of GOLD live on after the trip has finished. And the young women who go bring back skills in leadership and team-working that benefit their guiding units back home.
Where will my money go?
You’ll help subsidise the individual fundraising that participants do towards their trips as their target doesn’t cover everything. This includes costs like:
- Essential briefings where members have a safe space to work together as a team to plan their project
- Top-up costs for travel and visas
- Go for GOLD selection weekend
All donations will support GOLD. Here are a few examples of how your money could be used:
- £15 could help pay for first aid supplies for GOLD teams
- £30 could pay for briefing materials that help participants prepare
- £50 could help towards additional trip costs related to where the project takes place, for example visas and insurance premiums
With the next selection weekend taking place from 28-30 September, it’s vital we’re in a strong position to support our successful applicants, to avoid passing on rising fuel and currency costs - and to guarantee another great year for everyone involved!
Please donate today and help make GOLD 2019 life-changing for girls and young women in guiding - in the UK and overseas.