Guide web safe code
The Guides website is a fun and safe place on the internet. Take a look at the Guide web safe code to make sure that you browse the internet safely.
Key online safety tips:
- Only accept friends that you actually know on social networking websites.
- Don't publish or give out any of your personal details e.g. your address or mobile number.
- Always ask permission before uploading photos or videos online.
- If someone online is upsetting you, you can block contacts and report that someone that is making you feel uncomfortable.
- Be wary of emails that contain unknown links, clicking the links can
download viruses or other harmful files onto your devices. Check with an
adult first if you are unsure.
- If you send pictures, be aware that these can be forwarded onto others.
- Remember that online friends are really strangers no matter how long you
have been talking to them or how friendly they seem. Don't arrange to
meet up with anyone you have been chatting to online.
- Tell a trusted adult if something online upsets you.
If you want to know more about keeping yourself safe online, take a look at the Think U Know website.